Shelf-life after first use of Lantus 100 units/ml solution for injection in a cartridge,
Shelf-life after first use of the cartridge or pen
The medicinal product may be stored for a maximum of 4 weeks not above 30°C and away from direct heat or direct light.
The pen containing a cartridge or the pens in use must not be stored in the refrigerator.
The pen cap must be put back on the pen after each injection in order to protect from light
Special precautions for unopened cartridges
Store in a refrigerator (2°C-8°C).
Do not freeze or place next to the freezer compartment or a freezer pack.
Keep the cartridge in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
- Excess insulin will lead to low blood sugar levels, called hypoglycemia. You may experience symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors.
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm blood glucose levels.
- Whether or not you test your levels, it is important to take some glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels which can cause symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one as taking double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous.
- Your condition can cause complications in a medical emergency. For enrollment information call MedicAlert at 1-800-854-1166 (USA) or 1-800-668-1507 (Canada).